These booking terms and conditions apply to passenger transport bookings (referred to as “transfer” or “transfers”) made between the customer and MET Executive Travel.
In order to commence and continue using MET Executive Travel you must accept these terms and conditions.
By placing a booking with MET Executive Travel for services the client is presumed to have agreed to these terms and conditions.
MET EXECUTIVE TRAVEL agrees to transport the number of passengers on the booking between the pick-up and drop off locations on the date and at the pick-up time specified on the booking. Any detours or non-essential stops on route must be agreed upon in writing at least 24 hours before the transfer is scheduled. All additional stops – picking up or dropping off are charged at £5.00 per stop per journey in Cardiff. Outside of Cardiff will require a new quote.
Each passenger will be permitted 1 suitcase and 1 smaller piece of hand luggage in our MPVs and 2 large cases plus hand luggage in our saloon cars. Extra items of luggage may be carried at the discretion of MET EXECUTIVE TRAVEL and may incur an extra charge. MET EXECUTIVE TRAVEL must be advised of any extra luggage in advance and the carriage of extra luggage must be agreed in writing. MET EXECUTIVE TRAVEL reserves the right to refuse to carry what it would deem to be an excessive amount of luggage.
MET EXECUTIVE TRAVEL accepts no responsibility for loss of a passenger’s luggage or any damage to a passenger’s luggage. The customer must ensure that all passengers’ luggage is adequately insured.
The customer must inform MET EXECUTIVE TRAVEL of any child or baby seats required at least 24 hours before the transfer is scheduled. We will require child(s) Age, Weight and rear or forward facing.
The customer is responsible for providing MET EXECUTIVE TRAVEL with the correct pick-up time, pick-up date, pick-up location, number of passengers and any associated flight information. The customer must check the details of the booking form sent via email are correct and contact MET EXECUTIVE TRAVEL immediately if anything is not correct. Any amendments will be made at the sole discretion of MET EXECUTIVE TRAVEL and MET EXECUTIVE TRAVEL reserves the right to refuse any amendments. Where amendments to a booking are accepted by MET EXECUTIVE TRAVEL, an extra charge may be payable by the customer.
If passengers are delayed for any reason in reaching the pick-up location then the customer must inform MET EXECUTIVE TRAVEL as soon as possible to arrange a revised pick-up time. MET EXECUTIVE TRAVEL will make every effort to accommodate the revised pick-up time but this may not be possible. In the event that passengers are delayed, MET EXECUTIVE TRAVEL reserves the right to charge waiting time if incurred by customer error.
MET EXECUTIVE TRAVEL reserves the right to change a pick-up time at any point up to the pick-up time. This may be necessary due to local weather or traffic forecasts among other reasons.
It is not permitted for any passenger to smoke or consume alcohol in the transfer vehicle.
MET EXECUTIVE TRAVEL reserves the right to refuse to transport any passenger that is thought to be under the influence of alcohol or recreational drugs.
MET EXECUTIVE TRAVEL reserves the right to charge the customer a reasonable amount if the transfer vehicle was damaged or soiled by any of the passengers on the booking.
MET EXECUTIVE TRAVEL reserves the right to contract a third party to carry out the booking.
MET EXECUTIVE TRAVEL reserves the right to cancel the booking and issue a full refund at any time.
MET EXECUTIVE TRAVEL will do everything within their control to arrive at the pick-up location at the pick-up time as stated on the booking. MET EXECUTIVE TRAVEL will accept no liability whatsoever if the transfer vehicle is delayed in reaching the pick-up location due to factors outside of their control. Some examples of factors outside of the control of MET EXECUTIVE TRAVEL which may cause a vehicle to be delayed are:
– Road traffic accidents
– Mechanical breakdown
– Road closures
– Adverse weather conditions
– Abnormal amounts of traffic on the roads
– Acts of vandalism, terrorism or industrial action
– Requests of the police or other governmental organisation
– This list is not exhaustive
Due to the many factors outside of the control of MET EXECUTIVE TRAVEL that can cause a vehicle to be delayed, MET EXECUTIVE TRAVEL can never guarantee a journey time or the time that a transfer will arrive at the destination.
Prices quoted are in GB pounds sterling and include insurance and a private hire driver.
1. All mileage & time over and above original quotation will be charged after the event. For a full quotation please contact our booking office.
2. Our vehicles are a no smoking area.
3. Executive booked cars are valeted on the day of Hire. MET Executive Travel do not accept any responsibility for changes in a vehicles external appearance caused by bad weather or terrain during the hire period.
4. MET Executive Travel will refuse to carry passengers who are under the influence of alcohol, drugs, illegal substances or abusive to our staff. If a passenger is refused carriage no refund or compensation will be given.
5. The client is responsible for all damage they cause to the interior or exterior of the vehicle. Passengers who cause damage to the vehicle or soil the vehicle will be charged the full cost of reinstating the vehicle to its original appearance, valeting, repair or reinstatement charges will be levied to the customer within 7 days of the hire period. If the damage caused results in the vehicle becoming unavailable for pre-booked hire by other clients a charge equal to the lost hire will be made.
6. In the event of breakdown or accident to the vehicle booked prior to the date of the booking, every effort will be made to supply a similar or alternative vehicle at MET Executive Travel’s discretion.
7. MET Executive Travel accept no liability for missed flights / events, loss or damage to passenger possessions or consequential losses due to circumstances beyond our control, theft, delays caused by traffic accidents, congestion, terrorist attacks or acts of God.
8. Animals can be carried at our discretion and subject to further terms, which will be discussed further on a case by case basis.
9. The consumption of alcohol, food and drink is forbidden in our vehicles unless approved by driver of vehicle.
10. Child Seats can be provided; they are to be checked by the client prior to departing. We will require child age(s), weight(s) and seating preference – rear or forward facing.
11. Quotations are given at a fixed cost, however if extra time is incurred due to delays or diversion MET Executive Travel reserve the right to charge for extra expenses incurred e.g. fuel and waiting time. Waiting time is charged from £5.00 per 15-minute interval. First 15 minutes free.
12. MET Executive Travel is fully insured for passenger travel and public liability. Our insurance does not cover clients to drive our vehicles or for loss or damage to client’s possessions or for any other consequential losses delays or missed events.
13. Any costs incurred during the hire period including parking and tolls will be charged at a cost. If parking tickets are issued as a result of an instruction by the client, then the full cost of the charges incurred will be passed on to the client along with a £15.00 Administration Fee.
14. We endeavor to ensure that the information and prices in our literature and on our website are accurate; however occasionally changes and errors occur and we reserve the right to correct prices and other details in such circumstances. You should check the current price and all other details relating to the arrangements that you wish to book before your booking request is made.
15. The details of the booking, including the pick-up and drop off dates, times and locations, the number of passengers and the lead passenger name, will be confirmed by email.
16. Where the booking is for more than one passenger, the customer accepts these terms and conditions on behalf of every passenger on the booking.
Where you are or any member of your party is prevented from travelling for any reason (including death, illness or jury service) we will transfer your booking to any other person satisfying all the requirements relating to your travel, provided we are notified by you in writing a reasonable time prior to your due date of departure.
(b) Other changes
If you wish to change any part of your confirmed booking, you should inform us in writing via email as soon as possible. This should be done by the lead passenger named on the booking. Whilst we will do our best to assist you, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to meet your request.
Where we can meet a change request, you will be required to meet any extra costs incurred by us (and any costs or charges incurred or imposed by any of our suppliers) in making the requested change. Where we are unable to meet your change request and you no longer wish to travel on the basis of the original booking, this will be treated as a cancellation of your booking and cancellation charges may be payable by you, as outlined below.
If, once your booking is confirmed, you are unable to travel for any reason then we will allow you to transfer your booking to someone else (introduced by you, and who satisfies all of the conditions applicable to the booking) provided that:
iii. the transferee agrees to these conditions and all other terms of the contract between us. For the avoidance of doubt, no transfer requests or changes will be finally confirmed until full payment of all applicable charges referred to above have been received by the Company.
If you wish to make any other change to your booking at any time after our booking confirmation has been issued, we will try but cannot promise to meet your request. The total cost of your travel will remain the same if any of your party withdraw. Also, if you wish to add an additional person to the travel (subject to our approval and booked vehicle size) the total price will remain the same. We require your authority in writing before we can make any change. In the event that any change is requested in relation to a group booking we require the authority in writing of the lead name before we can make the change.
If you wish to cancel your booking, we will require your written authorisation via email.
Our cancellation charges will apply (see cancellation charges below). These are calculated with reference to the date on which we receive your authorisation in writing. We will not refund to you any deposits.
We incur costs from the time you make your booking and you agree that if you cancel your booking you will compensate us for our losses and expenses, as per the table below. Our cancellation charges increase the nearer the cancellation is made to your travel.
Economy and Executive Cancellations & Refunds
1. All deposits are nonrefundable.
2. More than 7 Days’ Notice, loss of deposit.
3. Less than 7 Days’ Notice, 50% of Hire Charge.
4. Less than 48hrs Notice, 75% of Hire Charge.
5. Less than 24hrs Notice, 100% of Hire Charge.
Wedding Cancellations & Refunds
1. All Deposits are nonrefundable.
2. 28 Days or more, loss of Deposit.
3. 7 – 28 Days, 75% of Hire Charge.
4. Less than 7 Days, 100% of Hire Charge.
1. Payment is accepted by Cash or BACS, Credit Cards & Debit Cards can be taken through our merchant account. (No charges are passed to the client – although minimum spend of £50.00 in place)
2. Where mileage or time exceeds that originally quoted, MET Executive Travel will charge the extra incurred.
3. A nonrefundable deposit of £50.00 per vehicle booked, is payable at the time of booking for MET Executive Travel Wedding Services.
4. Wedding Car Services require payment in full no less than 14 days before the hire date.
5. Cash Bookings may require Card details as security.
Business Accounts and Invoicing
By placing a booking with MET Executive Travel for services the client is presumed to have agreed to these terms and conditions plus the following;
We will invoice before or just after travel.
Invoices will be sent by email.
Your payment is to be straight into our bank account via electronic means within an agreed timeframe or our default term of 14 days.
Any late payments will deem the account suspended or revoked. A late payment fee of £15 for every 24-hour period that the invoice is unpaid will be added to the bill and action will be taken to recover any outstanding balance.
None of these terms and conditions are intended to contravene or contradict any provision of The Consumer Rights Act 2015 and your statutory rights under any such legislation are changes by You
These terms and conditions are governed by the law of the country where MET EXECUTIVE TRAVEL has their registered office.